The PenFed Foundation was founded on these fundamental values:
- Perhaps more than anyone, military heroes deserve secure financial futures for themselves and their families. They should be able to take hold of their piece of the American Dream.
- Giving back the most we can to our country’s military men and women is essential. Pentagon Federal Credit Union pays all administrative costs of the foundation so that we can give the most of our contributions straight to the people who need it most.
- No one, and especially not military members and veterans, should be excluded from building a secure future. Sound financial practices are blind to race, class and gender. Inclusiveness and diversity in our leadership, partners, program participants and members is essential for success.
- We can make a difference. We all should support our country’s heroic military men and women who may be financially distressed.
- Partnering with others is the most cost-effective approach to reaching the most people and achieve the greatest good.
- Strengthening the financial decision-making skills of our defense personnel is an indispensable element in military preparedness. By helping individuals, we are also helping America.